At 411 Seniors Centre, our programs are meant to ensure our seniors are staying engaged and having fun.
We encourage all seniors to stay as active as possible. Our programs are at low or no cost, and are mostly peer-led.
Please note that most of our programs, require registration through either phone call (604 684 8171) or through contacting our Coordinator of Programs.
If you have any questions, please email the Coordinator of Programs with your inquiries.
Fitness & Health
LINE DANCE FOR OLDER ADULTS
Line Dance is a good and light exercise with socialization. We use various types of music. Fridays, 10:30 – 12:00. Free for everyone. Members have priority. Need to register.
411 DRAGON BOAT TEAM
411 Dragon Boaters practice at the Dragon zone near Science World. Starting on Monday, June 18th. Free for everyone. Members have priority. Contact with Mariko at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-684-8171.EXT.237.
DRU YOGA & CHAIR YOGA
Yoga classes with smooth flowing, and effective movement sequences modified for seniors. Dru Yoga: Wednesdays from 10 am to 11 am /Chair Yoga: from 1 – 2:30 pm| $3.50 for members, $5 for non-members |Drop-in
Come and get a complimentary haircut! Tuesday, July 24th and 31st. Appointment times: 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, and 2pm | Free for everyone. Members have priority | Registration required
- Thursdays, June 7 – July 12
- Beginners: 10:00 –11:00am/Upper-Intermediate: 11:15am – 12:15pm/Tablet: 12:30 – 1:30pm $12 for members, $15 for non-members, need to register
- 1-on-1 Tech Help: 1:30 – 2:00pm (free, appointment)
NEW! Outing: VPD Senior Health & Safety Fair
- Thursday, July 19th, 10:45 am – 2:00 pm
- Meet at 411 at 10:45 pm. Tour ends at 2:00 at Roundhouse Community Centre. Light lunch is provided. Pay for transit. Max. 20
- 1st and 3rd Mondays (July 16th), 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Let’s enjoy sewing, using the machine.
An English Conversation Circle
- Practice English in a social setting with ESL instructors, activities, and field trips. Tuesdays, from 10:15 – 11:45am. Free for everyone. Need to register.
- Thursday, July 12th from 10:30 am to noon.
- Let’s enjoy the philosophical discussion on the topics relevant to our life. Randall MacKinnon, Facilitator
Please register if attending: