Information and Referral Services: The 411 Seniors Center Society has an Information and Referral Support team who have a wealth of experience and knowledge addressing many issues and concerns relative to older adults and others, in our community. This is a free service; however, donations are greatly appreciated! These volunteers support clients on a variety of topics including but not limited to the following:
- Seniors benefits (CPP, OAS, GIS, Disability Pension)
- Completing applications for benefits
- Referrals to legal advocates
- Income Tax preparation*
- Commissioner of Affadavits services*
- Health issues, older LGBT issues, consumer protection, low-income community, and health services (Dental, Medical, etc.)
- Government service referrals
* Please call ahead for schedule.
If you need to see an Information & Referral Support Volunteer, please drop in Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm. This is a first come, first served service. For more information on these services please contact Monica, Membership/Support Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 604.684.8171 (224).
If you require assistance in a language other than English, we have volunteers who speak: Punjabi, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Swedish and Dutch. To inquire when those volunteers are available, please call 604.684.8171 and ask our volunteer receptionist.