Everyone is welcome to become a volunteer
411 is an inclusive organization welcoming everyone to experience the
benefits of Volunteering at 411 Seniors. One thing is certain. You’ll meet new people, learn a great deal and have a lot of fun.
What do 411 Volunteers do?
Here are some positions in demand. All positions go through a training and orientation period. Training of new volunteers is customized to both the requirements of each position description and the background each volunteer brings to the centre.
During orientation, each volunteer is handed a job description; every staff member plays a role in supervising and supporting the activities of each volunteer ensuring the completion of tasks.
- Welcomes people into 411 Seniors Centre
- Takes calls and redirects them to the appropriate person
Information & Referral Counsellor:
- Help seniors with their issues and give referrals when neeeded
- More information can be found here
Income Tax Screener:
- Only needed during March and April
- Review eligibility for services with people requesting help.
- Review paper work with low-income seniors and people collecting disability to ensure they have the necessary paperwork for the Income Tax Preparers to complete their taxes
Income Tax Preparer:
- Only needed in March and April
- Complete taxes for low-income seniors and people collecting disability benefits
- Acts as the host of events
- Ensures that seniors are comfortable and engaged during events
Provides staff support to set up and take down of events