Welcome to 411 Seniors Centre Society!
Serving Seniors Since 1972
Our Mission Statement
Under the direction of the 411 Seniors Centre Society, the 411 Seniors Centre is a multicultural, proactive resource centre in Vancouver where the community of members, volunteers and staff address seniors’ issues and concerns; and social, recreational, nutritional, informational and counseling needs of members and clients.
B.C.’s seniors advocate says the first survey conducted by her office surprised her by revealing that many of the people who are in most need of help don’t know how to get it. Click here to read the full story and also to find out where to get help.
Our I&R Committee meeting discussed how to improve the quality of client service and it was decided to move to an appointment system starting Wednesday April 1, 2015.
Drop-ins will still be welcome but will have to wait until there is an opening or if the volunteer is fully booked, they can make an appointment to return
How it will work:
- There will be an appointment book at the Reception Desk
- Appointments will be booked in 45 minute increments
- Please give the reason for the appointment (GIS, CPP, etc.)
- If the client is more than 10 minutes late, they may not be able to see the volunteer
- Cancellations need to be given at least one day prior to the appointment
- An ‘Appointment Reminder’ card will be given to those who make the appointment in person
We will review this system in 3 months.